Your Specialists in Motor Vehicle Imports
Are you looking to import a car? Personal Import is your experienced car importer in Australia, making shipping to the country a stress free process. Motor vehicle imports to Australia require so much more than simple shipping, but a detailed process to ensure all standards are adhered to.
If you are considering importing a motor vehicle from overseas, you need a company you can rely on to cover everything from start to finish. As a specialist car importer that takes the time to handle each import individually, catering to your specific needs, we are the perfect choice for drivers of all vehicle types.
As vehicle import specialists, we handle much more than just shipping. We offer all of the services below:
- Manage the Vehicle Import Approval (VIA)
- Arrange and co-ordinate Freight Forwarders in the country of export. Due to our volume of shipping we get preferential rates for car imports.
- Arrange all shipping aspects including Marine Insurance via roll on / roll off, consolidated or dedicated container.
- Arrange customs valuation in Australia to determine the amount of duty and GST payable.
- Liaise with the Freight Forwarder in Australia while the car is in bond and deal with any personal effects that accompany the car.
- Attend at port of arrival to confirm valuation with Australian customs if required. Dominic Bonasia is a member of the Australian Valuers Institute as a Certified Practicing Valuer
- Instruct Customs Broker in Australia to arrange clearance.
- When you organise motor vehicle imports from overseas, quarantine may be required. We arrange Quarantine inspection and witness this if necessary.
- Arrange cleaning if required by Australian quarantine.
- New import rules apply on requirements for air conditioning gas and most personal imports do not require degassing (do NOT de-gas your car prior to shipping unless we instruct you to)
- Arrange removal from Australian Customs Bonded area or Bond store.
- Arrange appropriate transport of motor vehicle to the registered engineer for compliancing to Australian standards.
- Supervise engineering compliance to avoid delay or un-necessary modifications or repairs.
- Acquire and affix engineers Compliance Plate.
- Deal with relevant government department for the issue of the Vehicle Import Plate (the car cannot be registered for road use without this magenta plate). Collect and affix plate.
- Transport car to registered workshop for the issue of a safety certificate (equivalent to MOT or Warrant of Fitness). This is a different procedure from the engineer’s certification.
- Transport vehicle to the relevant Department of Transport for the required inspection to get it registered in the client’s name.
- Deal with the Department of Transport to establish the amount of state Stamp Duty payable on first registration; this is 3%-4% of the market value, depending on the size of the engine.
- Pre-delivery detailing/cleaning if required.
- Advise on appropriate comprehensive insurance. Third Party Personal injury insurance is a compulsory component of the registration fee in Australia.
- Arrange insurance valuation.
- Liaise with client for collection and hand-over.
Require vehicle shipping to Australia? If you are looking for more information on how to import a motor vehicle, or to see why we are the best team to handle your car imports in Australia, please contact our team today.